Awareness of our ecological impact is built into Clockwork Soldier’s design process. Our products are minimal waste and FSC Certified, which assures that they are made from paper and card that is recycled or sourced from sustainably managed forests.
Most of our products are plastic-free and we’re working on becoming fully plastic-free. We have also worked with societies like the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust to create products that support conservation efforts.
We are always looking at ways we can make our products more environmentally friendly.
How are we managing our environmental impact?
- Incorporating environmental considerations into our design process.
- Using FSC certified card and paper which is recycled or sourced from sustainably managed forests.
- Creating minimal waste products, using every available surface to reduce packaging waste.
- Removing plastics, including laminate coatings from our products wherever possible.
- Making our products fully recyclable wherever possible.
- Printing with earth-friendly inks.
- Creating products that are flat packed so that they are less volumetric to transport and store.
Our commitment to sustainability
We have always tried to be ecologically conscious as a company, but we know there’s always more we can do. To keep moving forward we are making these commitments to sustainability:
- To work on bringing our manufacturing operation nearer to the case of our customer base in the UK.
- To reduce our carbon footprint as much as possible through the reduction of shipping and logistic freight movements.
- To continue to work with our manufactures on making our process greener through using new processes, substrates and new eco technology.
- To continue in developing minimum waste projects and planet friendly products.
- To continue educating the next generation of children on environmental matters through the development of relevant products.
- To embark on a carbon off setting program which will help offset any carbon footprint created by our company.
- To continue to see how we can improve our business practices to lessen our environmental impact.
We feel our commitment to environmental matters should not stop at making changes in our manufacturing process. Our interest in the environment goes deeper than that, it is also demonstrated in the products we produce. It can be found in the topics that inspire our products, including the natural world, natural history and the world of science. We are committed to creating holistic learning opportunities, delivered in fun ways.